High School College Counseling
We break down the high school college counseling process in simple steps for each student as we know it can be an elaborate journey for families. Our primary goal at The Banff School, is to meet the needs of each student to the best of our ability. Since we are a college preparatory program, and the majority of our students pursue post-secondary degrees after graduation, we feel a strong commitment to help our students prepare for life after Banff by assisting in the development of academic, career, and personal goals that will lead the way to success in their post-secondary journeys.
The Banff School employs a dedicated college counselor to assist our students and parents as they navigate the often confusing paths through the college search, applications, and acceptance processes. Our students begin meeting with the counselor in 8th grade, setting the way for making sure they take into account all they will need to accomplish during their high school years in order to get into the college of their choice.
What can you expect?
- Individual student college planning, application and essay writing meetings
- Individual parent/guardian meetings
- College application and essay writing assistance
- College Counseling group events/meetings for parents and guardians
- Informal meetings, phone calls, emails, and follow up as needed
- Updates and reminders emailed to students and parents regularly
- Personalized assistance, when and how you need it!
For our current students and families, explore these pages for a wealth of information and resources to assist you with the college planning…
Since our very first graduating class of 1996, Banff has had a 100% success rate of our seniors being accepted to at least one college.
the banff difference
At The Banff School, our mission is to "Educate the Whole Child,” providing exciting and engaging curriculum as well as unique programs and activities that help the students grow and mature, both academically and creatively.